Welcome to my Gift Guide for Grandparents!
It’s been a rough and difficult year for us all. Especially for older people and grandparents, many have found 2020 particularly difficult.
Although grandparents may be nice and accepting of whatever you get them, they often have a lot of things they need already! My only living grandparent left is my Grandma, and I always want to spoil her with the best and most amazing gift a granddaughter could give her. But I could get her anything and she would probably already have something nicer! She’s one of those grandma’s that would think anything I got her was amazing, but I don’t want to give her something that will cause clutter.
Here is my list of top ideas for my gift guide for grandparents. It’s a list of items that I would give to grandparents, whether it’s my grandma or my grandma-in-law. Hopefully, this will give you a few ideas on what to get them! I feel like grandparents can really appreciate good quality items and really notice small details. A little extra touch to show them how much you care can also make a big difference!
Please attach an extra dose of kindness and patience to every gift this year. More than ever, it’s so important to remind those around us that we care, they are loved, and that there will be better times ahead. Our grandparents need it more than ever.
Let’s get started!
*Disclaimer: Affiliate links may be used. See the disclosure policy for more.*
This beautiful Apothecary collection is the perfect relaxation gift. Featuring a glass reed diffuser, bath salts, a pulse point oil, and bath foam, each product is scented with their signature calm scent. This gorgeous fragrance contains essential oils with lavender, sweet orange, clary sage, and cedarwood, considered to have soothing and relaxing qualities. It also includes a headband for the pamper session! The perfect wind-down gift after a tumultuous year.
Available from Marks & Spencer for £29.50.
Give the gift of a beautifully smelling home. These gorgeous candles from Botanicandle London are homemade and hand-poured. Using only organic and naturally derived products, they are essential for any home. Their floral decorations glow and look gorgeous when lit. Each candle comes in various shapes and sizes and beautifully packaged. In my effort to live more consciously, supporting small businesses like these are so important. Get yourself one at their Botanicandle Etsy store.
Find more Gifts from Small Businesses in my Small Business Gift Guide.
Set value: £45. This set saves you £11
Revitalise the skin with the Fresh Body Care Duo, the zingy Hesperides Grapefruit body care set comprising of a bath and shower gel and a body lotion designed to help cleanse, soothe and hydrate the skin.
The Hesperides Grapefruit Bath & Shower Gel is formulated with shea butter and enriched with vitamins C and E and citrus fruit extracts. Working up to a satisfying foam, it gently cleanses as it bathes the body with a crisp grapefruit aroma.
The Hesperides Grapefruit Body Lotion completes the Fresh Body Care Duo. Applied to clean, dry skin, it nourishes with its antioxidant-rich formula, drying quickly to help leave the skin protected, hydrated and silky soft to the touch.
Available from Space NK for £34.
Check my Gift Guide for Skincare Lovers for more ideas!
Another “tech” gift which would be great for grandparents is the Echo Dot (3rd generation) from Amazon. We got this for my mother-in-law and it was such fun for the whole family! It is a controlled smart speaker with Alexa making it perfect for any room. You can ask it to play your music, read out the news and more, and also control other compatible smart home devices, all without having to touch anything!
- Our most popular smart speaker: now with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Voice control your music: stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Bigger, better sound: pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help: ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Connect with others: call almost anyone hands free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices, Alexa app and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills: with tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games and more.
- Voice control your smart home: turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices.
- Designed to protect your privacy: built with multiple layers of privacy protection and control, including a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Available on Amazon for £39.99.
We LOVE our Amazon fire stick so much! It’s such a simple way to watch Netflix, Prime, YouTube, and just normal TV. This is why I think it makes such a great gift for Grandparents! It comes with Alexa too, so it’s even easier to use. Whether your Grandparents are tech-savvy or not, this is a great and convenient gift that they can easily add to their home and enjoy all year round. They don’t need a satellite connection or anything!
- Our most affordable Fire TV Stick—enjoy fast streaming in Full HD. Comes with Alexa Voice Remote Lite.
- Press and ask Alexa—use your voice to easily search and launch programmes across multiple apps.
- Thousands of apps, Alexa skills and channels—including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, ITV, All 4, My5 and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to hundreds of thousands of films and TV episodes.
- Live TV—watch your favourite live TV, news, and sport with subscriptions to Eurosport, ITV Hub, Sky News and more.
- Free TV—access films and TV programmes from apps such as ITV Hub, All 4, Pluto TV, YouTube and more.
- Listen to music—stream on Amazon Music, Spotify and others. Subscription fees may apply.
- Easy to set up, stays hidden—plug in behind your TV, turn on the TV and connect to the internet to get set up.
Available on Amazon for £29.99.
Who doesn’t love a good bathrobe for lounging around at home in! This one from The White Company is made from jersey, which is the perfect material for a relaxing night in or to wear at home after a long day. Their products are always made to a high standard, and this is perfect for giving your grandparents a little bit of pampering.
Designed in a thermal hi pile fleece our luxuriously soft and fluffy feel robe will keep you warm and cosy as the temperature drops.
Featuring a cosy hood, long sleeves and spacious front pockets, it fastens with a self-tie belt. Perfect for wrapping up warm on chilly mornings and evenings.
Available from John Lewis for £39.00.
This beautifully boxed set from the Kew Gardens collection makes an ideal gift for the keen gardener. It features three pieces in Neverbend stainless steel, with leather straps and FSC-certified Ash handles for longevity.
Included in this gift set:
- Weed fork: H28 x W7.5 x D3.5cm
- Transplanting Trowel: H31 x W6.5 x D7.5cm
- Hand trowel: H31 x W7.5 x 9.5cm
Developed by Spear & Jackson in conjunction with Kew Gardens’s horticultural team, used and recommended by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Available from John Lewis for £39.49.
Our bestselling Electronic Diffuser is back this season.
Designed to deliver the perfect amount of scent in minutes, while also adding moisture to the air, this beautiful ceramic design will transform your space with uplifting fragrances at the touch of a button. With four time settings, you can choose how long your diffuser will release scent for: 180 minutes, 120 minutes or 60 minutes. The diffuser will automatically shut off at the end of each time set.
Available at The White Company for £65.
A personalized gift is something special and sentimental, and I love the thought and effort behind each gift. It’s something that goes the extra mile and celebrates your connection with that person. I got my Grandmother a personalized calendar for Christmas this year, and she specifically requested it after she saw my gift to my dad from last Christmas. My favorite place to get personalized gifts is from Snapfish! Check out the massive variety of products they have, from standard canvas prints to photo books, mugs, water bottles, and cushions!
I’ve recently been really into creating photo memories, and become a big fan of snapfish, the online photo printing service (not an ad I promise!). This set of ten frames can be set up to create this stunning gallery like wall feature, made up of all your best memories together. I love this idea, and I would print out a couple of photos for each frame, and maybe have them seasonal themed so they can change the photos in them with the season. I love this kind of gift because it adds a personal touch, and remind you of your time with your loved ones as well. Fun and thoughtful, our Framed Photo Collage makes the best gift for Valentine or Galentine’s Day. Fill the 9 spots with pictures of the two of you, a special place in their heart or a few snaps of their favourite things. It comes ready to hang in a handmade solid wood frame – they’re bound to love!
Small sizes start from £40 at Papier.
This is such a fun way to mix and serve a cocktail! The design is also so unique! The teapot comes with a filter basket, so you can make fruity tea without the lumps and pips. Any spirits (or none!) can be used with it if gin isn’t your cup of tea (literally!) and give tea parties a bit of a twist. You can get one here on Amazon.
Thank you so much for reading, and please share any gifts you’ve gotten or plan to get for your grandparents! I hope this list has helped you in some way or inspired gift ideas.
Stay safe and see you in the next one,
This post was proofread by Grammarly
Enjoyed this post? Share the love!