My trusty tried and tested super easy chocolate chunk cookies 🙂 Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I like using dark chocolate in these but feel free to use any chocolate of your preference.
They are great as a base recipe too – so you can make it your own by adding nuts (a favourite of mine here is walnut), dried fruit and cocoa powder to make it even more chocolate-y!
- 140g butter (softened at room temperature)
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 220g plain flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- drop of vanilla essence
- 80g chocolate chunks (cut up bar of chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and prepare 2 baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until well combined and creamy, then add the egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift in the flour and the baking soda (if using add 10g cocoa powder here) and mix in a cutting motion with a spatula.
- Add in the chocolates until well dispersed throughout the mixture and then using two spoons, make them into a circular shape of roughly similar size and place on the baking trays. This recipe should be enough to make 24 cookies.
- Cook in the oven for 12 minutes – the cookies should be starting to brown on the outside but still be soft in the middle. Leave to cool down for around 5 minutes before moving them onto a tray to fully cool down.
Please leave any comments and suggestions below! I would love to hear from you 🙂
Thanks so much for reading!